T.G. Rankin Company Profile
"Providing value" is the mission that guides each of our sales divisions; Industrial Glass, Industrial Equipment, Plumbing-Wholesale and Engineered Wastewater.
Founded in 1956, T.G. Rankin Co., Onc. has grown from a one-man sales agency into a multi-divisional, multi-location family owned stocking representative organization. Founded by Thomas G. "Red" Rankin Jr. in 1956, T.G. Rankin Co. is now run by company president Thomas (Tom Jr) Rankin IV. In 1956 TG Rankin Co became associated with Penberthy, a Prophetstown, Illinois casting company selling sump pumps, level gage valves and eductor-jets. During the early 1980s "Thomas III (Tom Senior) developed a relationship with European industrial glass manufacturer Schott (Now Auer Lighting) and was the first to import, then little known, Maxos brand gage glass to US markets. Maxos competed with Corning Glass Works' Mac Beth gage glass. During the 1990s, while staying true to its core business; servicing needs of plumbing wholesalers, Tom Jr's vision moved the company into engineered wastewater markets where today TGR finds a good part of its growth.